Contact lenses come individually wrapped in plastic and contribute to household and landfill waste.
- Switch from daily disposable lenses to monthly lenses, if possible.
- Take care of lenses as instructed to ensure effective and long lasting use.
- Recycle contact lens solution bottles once used up.
- Donate glasses to an optical store.
Increased Item Life
- Watch this and see the awesome procedure of creating contact lenses! (Found on Sciencechannel)
- Find out more about companies that provide an “as eco friendly as possible” solution
- Purchase eco friendly and sustainably manufactured lenses and lens solution, for example from Bausch + Lomb. Their packaging is 100% recycled materials and their ReNu Lens Solution bottles are manufactured in a way that makes recycling easier and possible. Definitely the go-to company when wearing contacts.