ON THE GO
Plastic collection bags contribute to landfill waste, and inhibit effective decomposition of contents.
- Compost dog waste left in the garden in a separate compost heap or bin. Do not mix in with normal household compost.
- Instructions to build your own Septic Dog Poo container. You can’t use the dog poo in your garden, but this method is an environmentally friendly and easy way of dealing with the issue.
- Find out more from livescience.com about our best friends poo. You dogs poo, of course!
- Use biodegradable bags for collection. These can be buried in undergrowth for decomposition or treated hygienically in sewage plants.
- Consider using a special dog poo composter.