ON THE GO
Single use plastic or styrofoam takeaway containers disposed after single use contribute to landfill waste and are environmentally unfriendly.
- Use your own container at the restaurant, if possible.
- From an environmental perspective, it is better to leave food behind (it will compost quicker), than the environmental cost of using plastic containers.
- If food is wrapped in aluminium foil, try to reuse the foil.
- Order and eat with intention. This will help you order the right amount and prevent the use of takeaway containers.
- As much as is possible or convenient, try to enjoy a meal at the restaurant rather than order a takeaway.
- Take yourself out for lunch or dinner at your favourite place instead of taking food home. It’s more fun this way anyway! (Friends / Family optional) 😉
- Invest in your own foldable, washable and reusable takeout container.
- The above container is just an example, but you can use any containers you find suitable to take and reuse.