ISSUES / CHALLENGES
- Commercial toothpaste contains a variety of chemicals that contribute to water pollution when it is released down the drain.
- Toothpaste tubes are often made of a variety of components laminated together, rendering them currently unacceptable for recycling.
- Over 1 billion toothpaste tubes end up in landfills each year.
- Be mindfull when using toothpaste and get the most out of what’s in your tube. Use a pencil to squeeze out all the toothpaste!
- Make your own toothpaste without any chemical additives.
Increased Item Life
- Toothpaste, Ingredients With George Zaidan (Episode 1)
- Purchase toothpaste packaged in a glass tub (reusable and recyclable). For example, “Georganics Remineralizing Natural Organic Coconut Oil Toothpaste“
- Consider using tooth powder instead of toothpaste